-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

PATRIOT MISSILE BASKETBALL SHIRT

66 x 43 x 1cm
I bought this jersey at Unique, an enormous second hand clothing store that was on Broadway south of Houston before non-big-box business models become untenable in the area. Though I tried to alter it a couple times, I could never get it to fit properly. It was clearly made for someone a good deal wider than I.
Initially I was attracted to this jersey for its absurd faux-patriotism. I imagined it to be 1990: a mediocre junior-varsity basketball squad decides to shine in the reflective glory of our military's most recent technological advancement. But what I really love is that the team is in the singular, as if this pudgy collection of 50% free-throw shooters acted not as a collection of disparate missiles, but in true team spirit, as a single Patriot Missile.

No comments:

Post a Comment