-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

ROTC CERTIFICATE

28 x 21 x .1cm
When I was a senior in high school, we were told to stop by a certain folding table set up in some hallway and fill out the necessary forms for our diplomas. I had assumed that all the necessary information was held on some microfiche somewhere. In the absence of this definitive information system, I saw an opportunity: while using my given and formal first name to communicate a sense of validity, I substituted my middle name with 'Pickle'. It was pure 18-year old genius, and it worked.
This is not my diploma (which does in fact bear the name 'Michael Pickle Premo'. This is a Junior ROTC Certificate of Completion that was actually issued to my oldest friend in the world, Kacy. He forged it over to me, as a gift. I consider this document a higher honor than my actual high school diploma.

No comments:

Post a Comment