-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

SCORECARD FROM FIRST TIME AT NEW STADIUM

20 x 14 x .2cm
I grew up going to "The Stadium", meaning Yankee Stadium. I was there with my dad when George Brett flipped his burger over pine tar; I was there when Leyritz hit his home run in '95; and I was there when Tino and Jeter staged one of the most exciting comebacks in World Series History. All this is to say that when the new Stadium opened up, I was ready to dismiss it as lacking the authenticity, the history of the old Stadium.
Truth be told, it is a magnificent place to see a ball game. Everything was wonderful.
Everything except , of course, Alex Rodriquez' performance in the clutch. Two K's down the stretch in moments that mattered, and my first experience at the new Stadium is tarnished by some new-school glorified gladiator whose ability to stat pad when it doesn't matter will create a trillion dollar path to the hall of fame.
I guess its a new game. Looks and feels a lot like the old one, just a lot more shiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment