-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

PAUL ALFRED INFO

12 x 12 x .2 cm
I was in an airport in Guam in 1997. Wait, let me change that: I was in the airport in Guam in 1997, on my way back from visiting Hong Kong and Indonesia. Somewhere in there I crossed the international dateline. I was on my second Tuesday of the week and pretty wrecked. 
I met this man Paul in the airport lounge as I waited to depart that birdless island. Really, Guam has no birds. Look it up.
Paul asked me how I enjoyed my stay on his island. I told him I had been there only 30 hours or so, and didn't really see a whole hell-of-a-lot. He espoused it's virtues, talked of waterfalls and good golfing. Paul told me that when I returned to Guam, I should call him; he'd show me around properly. 
I'm not certain why I kept this napkin. I have absolutely no plans of returning to Guam.

No comments:

Post a Comment