-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

SMALL PLASTIC FIGHTING YANKEES

13 x 13 x 5 cm
I am a Yankees fan. I have been as long as I can remember. It is an internal struggle. As a child, they represented everything that made baseball magic. Through the lens of adulthood, the patina of history betrays a system with less integrity. 
Perhaps it is just part of growing up, but one day it suddenly dawned on me that millionaire Derek Jeter wasn't standing in the corner of my studio chanting "CO-LAGE, CO-LAGE, CO-LAGE".

No comments:

Post a Comment