-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

OLD SKATEBOARD

62 x 17 x 1.5 cm
I bought this in the flea market section of the Bethesda Farmer's Market in the late 80's. It is a Stacey Peralta model G&S, circa 1977, perfect condition. It came with Bowl Roll wheels and Gullwing trucks. It cost me $20, and would probably be worth fifteen-times that if I had kept it in the condition I purchased it. But I didn't keep it it the condition I purchased it in; I skated it into the ground. 

No comments:

Post a Comment