-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

MOUSE AND DOLLAR

mouse- 5 x 2 x 2 cm
dollar- 4.3 x 6.5 cm

In 2006, I visited my cousin, and there was this tiny kitten romping about his apartment. His friend had asked him to care for it, and it had become apparent that this friend was not coming back. My wife fell in love with the cat, which is strange, because she is very allergic.
Well, we took in the cat, named it Bacon, gave it a real try. My wife's breathing just kept getting worse, though, so my mom took the cat, the poor thing's 4th or 5th home.
She's a little feisty, Miss Bacon (the amended named penned by my mother). My mom sent me these two objects: a toy mouse that at one point was covered in a fur, and legal currency that Miss Bacon destroyed. While moments like the former point to a tenacity my mom claims as her cat's, moments like the latter point to an eccentricity that my mom attributes as my cat's.
Happy Mother's Day, mom. Thanks for taking in my cat, and about 7 million other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment